Have you ever touched an object and then sensed an energy coming from it? Perhaps you even had an unknown emotion, felt a certain taste or heard some sound when you held the object in your hand? If this is the case, perhaps you have psychometric abilities. To help you develop your psychic powers, let’s learn how to do psychometry.
What is psychometry?
Psychometry is the psychic ability of a person to read the history of an object through the sense of touch. This ability is based on the belief that people leave traces of their energies when interacting with objects, especially those that carry significant emotional value. When a psychometric reads the residual energies on the objects, he or she can see visuals of the item’s previous owners and their memories, as well as sense smells, sounds, tastes, and emotions connected to the object.
How to know if you have psychometric powers
When you are just starting out in your journey towards learning how to do psychometry, you will need to physically touch an item to be able to tell its history. Later, as you develop your abilities, you might even be able to read the object within a close range without touching it directly.
How can you know if you have psychometric powers? Well, you can certainly recognize your powers as you practice reading the objects and uncovering the stories behind them. Apart from that, you might experience some things that only psychometrists feel. Think about situations like this:
- Did you ever feel like washing your hands after touching a used object?
- Have you ever felt uncomfortable in a thrift shop or antique store?
- Do you never wear jewelry that has been used?
- Do you feel anxious in cluttered spaces because of the energies of objects in the room?
If you have answered yes to some of these questions, you are likely to have psychometric powers. To be sure and develop your abilities further, let us help you learn how to do psychometry.
How to develop psychometric abilities
If you feel like you have psychometric powers, it is time to develop your abilities. The best way to start learning how to do psychometry is by reading an item that belongs to someone you know, like a friend or a relative. Ask them for an item they hold dear like a vintage pocket watch or a keepsake. When you are just starting out practicing your abilities, your friend or relative will be more helpful in telling you whether you are on the right track.
Your readings should be done in a suitable environment. There should be no distractions, so it is best to prepare a room or a comfortable space ahead of time. Once you advance in your psychometric abilities, you will be able to read items at any place. If you find it difficult to ask someone close to you for an item, perform the reading on one of your own items, especially if you have something old and unused for a while. Do you experience any specific emotions, feelings, or memories connected to the item? Then it might just be the right one to practice on.
As you are developing your psychometric abilities, here are some questions that might help guide you:
- Who owns the object in your hand?
- Can you describe the appearance of the item’s owner?
- What about his or her personality?
- As the owner interacted with the item, what memories did he or she experience?
- Is the owner of the item alive?
Use these questions as a guide to develop your psychometric powers and develop other questions based on the images you receive.
Steps on how to do psychometry
Patience and perseverance will help you develop your psychometric abilities. Here are a few steps you can take before a psychometric reading:
- Wash and dry your hands before the reading. You do this to make sure you get rid of any residual energies left by the items you touched with your hands previously.
- Before starting the reading, take a few minutes to meditate. Meditation will help to clear your mind and prepare you for the reading.
- Create the flow of energy by rubbing the palms of your hands together. Pull your hands apart, and if you sense something between your palms, you are ready. If not, repeat this step.
- Hold the item you selected for the reading in your hands. Think about how it makes you feel. If you are not feeling anything in your hands, try touching the object to your forehead.
- Close your eyes and clear your mind.
- As you are thinking about the history of the item in your hand, ask yourself the questions listed above and think of other questions too.
- Think about the energies you have sensed from the object. Did you feel any strong emotions like love, hate, or fear? Analyze your impressions and speak about them with the person you borrowed the object from.
Do not get discouraged if you get your initial readings wrong. There might be many reasons for that, but it is important to not give up. After several sessions, your readings will become more and more accurate.
Observation and description
To learn how to do psychometry, it is important to first develop your observational abilities. Here is how to go about it:
- While engaging with the object, you will be receiving psychic messages in your mind, often in a form of images. These visuals might appear in a chaotic fashion, and it is up to you to make sense of them and order them in a logical sequence. Once you receive the messages, you have to quickly realize and interpret them before they get mixed with the images from your thoughts. That is why observation is important.
- When you observe psychic messages, you should direct your attention to them while tuning out the background at the same time. As a result, you can select what to focus on as per your will.
- Next, develop the skill of description. For example, imagine that you are receiving psychic messages about the owner of the object. As you are describing this person, focus on the most outstanding features of their appearance first before anything else. Then describe the face of the person, the build, the clothing, and so on. The most striking features are most likely to appear more clearly in your visions.
Now that you know about the skills and the steps that would help you learn how to do psychometry, it is time to develop your abilities. Even if it seems tricky at first, the more you practice using your psychometric powers, the easier it will become to read the objects.