Who is a psychic and who is a medium? If you have trouble distinguishing between the two, this guide will help you. Psychics can reveal information about your past, present, and future. At the same time, mediums can help you send and receive messages between the earthly and the spiritual worlds. But there is more to the abilities of psychics and mediums than meets the eye. Here is a guide to help you understand the difference between psychic and medium.
A psychic is someone with extrasensory perception – the ability to sense, see, and hear things that are beyond the limits of usual human senses. Psychic abilities are very different, depending on which perception is heightened. For instance, a clairvoyant can see the past, present, and future of a person. A psychometrist can sense the history of the object upon touching. Through a reading of someone’s aura, psychics can reach the deepest thoughts and feelings of that person. Sometimes, this might mean revealing a painful truth about one’s life experience, but this is necessary for the person to work through his or her problems.
Although science has not proved the existence of psychic abilities yet, there is a lot of anecdotal evidence of people seeing or feeling things beyond what others can perceive. A difference between psychic and medium is that psychics do not get their information from the world of the spirits. Instead, they use extrasensory perception to receive visions in their mind’s eye to see the past or make predictions about the future. They can help someone by revealing the unknown and letting a person make his or her own decisions in life.
There are two ways for someone to be a psychic.
- The first type is those who were born with abilities, in which case there is a big chance that some of their ancestors were psychics, too.
- Another way is to gain abilities as a result of a trauma, life-threatening situation, or many years of extensive practice.
When someone becomes a psychic, it is important for them to understand the ways in which human energies work. Many psychics who interact with people might notice their energy draining as a result of working with negativity.
When people hear the word “medium,” they often think of a person who speaks with the dead using a crystal ball or Ouija board. However, there is more you should know about them to really understand what mediumship is. Mediums can communicate with beings of higher vibrational frequencies such as spirits in the afterlife, guardian angels, and spirit guides. People often reach mediums for help when they want to contact their loved ones who have passed away in order to see whether they are doing well.
Another difference between psychic and medium is that a medium acts as a bridge between the world of the living and the spiritual world. There are several ways how mediums can communicate with higher beings-
- They can raise their vibrations to match those of the spirits and receive messages from them in the form of sounds or visions perceived by their minds.
- Another way to connect to the spirits is by having a séance with the person who wants to send a message and others in a group. Then, the medium will try to summon the spirit into the room, sometimes using a Ouija board.
- Experienced mediums also go into a state of trance to help their clients communicate with the spirits. When a medium goes into trance, he or she lets the spirit overtake his or her body to speak with the living.
However, this practice is dangerous for the medium. Not all spirits have good will, which is why only professional mediums should communicate with the spirits this way. Sometimes, a medium can also read the aura of the client before connecting him or her to the spirit.
The difference between psychic and medium can be confusing, which is why many people use the terms interchangeably. However, there are distinctions that can be noticed.
- Mediums can raise their vibrations so that they could speak with beings residing on higher planes. At the same time, psychics typically cannot do that. They can read people’s auras and see information about their past, present, and future. Their senses go beyond typical human perceptions, but they do not deliver messages from spirits or angels.
- Another difference between psychic and medium is that all mediums are psychics. But when it comes to psychics, not all of them are mediums. The talent of a medium lies in the world of the spirits, so you would need a help of a medium if a spirit of a deceased wanted to reach out to you, or if you wanted to communicate with a spirit. When it comes to psychics, you can ask them to reveal information about your life to help you answer important questions that bother you. They can use various divination tools for that like Tarot cards, runes, crystal balls, pendulums, and so on.
- A psychic can blend with your aura, the energy field surrounding you, to get a read on what is going on in your life or what is about to happen. A medium, however, blends in with the energies of the spirits, which are lighter and subtler than human energies.
- When you are having a psychic reading, the focus is on you and your surroundings in life. A psychic will read your energies and give you an interpretation of the visions he or she receives. But a medium focuses on the spirit and relays messages as they are, without interpretation, which is why often they might make sense only to the receiver and not the medium.
Now that you understand the difference between psychic and medium, turn to the help of an experienced psychic to get a read of your energies. If you are looking to connect with loved ones who passed away, then reach out to a professional medium. Know who to turn to depending on what you are looking for.